- "When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country."
-- Elayne Boosler
- "Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."
--- Hedy Lamarr
- "Behind every successful man is a surprised woman."
--- Maryon Pearson
- "I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon and a cat that comes home late at night."
--- Marie Corelli
- "I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch."
--- Gilda Radner
- "Our struggle today is not to have a female Einstein get appointed as an assistant professor. It is for a woman schlemiel to get as quickly promoted as a male schlemiel."
--- Bella Abzug
- "Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then."
--- Katharine Hepburn
- "In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman."
--- Margaret Thatcher
- "Nagging is the repetition of unpalatable truths."
--- Baroness Edith Summerskill
- "If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?"
--- Linda Ellerbee
- "I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house."
--- Zsa Zsa Gabor