* Gilligan of Gilligan's Island had a first name that was only used once, on the never-aired pilot show. His first name was Willy.
* Dr. Seuss and Kurt Vonnegut went to college together. They were even in the same fraternity, where Seuss decorated the fraternity house walls with drawings of his strange characters.
* The Les Nessman character on the TV series WKRP in Cincinnati wore a band-aid in every episode. Either on himself, his glasses, or his clothing.
* John Larroquette of "Night Court" and "The John Larroquette Show" was the narrator of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre."
* Beelzebub, another name for the devil, is Hebrew for "Lord of the Flies", and this is where the book's title comes from.
* The term "devil's advocate" comes from the Roman Catholic church. When deciding if someone should be sainted, a devil's advocate is always appointed to give an alternative view.
* Before Prohibition, Shlitz Brewery owned more property in Chicago than anyone else, except The Catholic Church.
* It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is 'shake' and the 46th word from the last word is 'spear'.
* In 1986 Danny Heep became the first player in a World Series to be a designated hitter (DH) with the initials "D.H."
* In the four major US professional sports, (Baseball, Basketball, Football, and Hockey), there are only seven teams whose nicknames do not end with an "S:" Basketball: The Miami Heat, The Utah Jazz, The Orlando Magic. Baseball: The Boston Red Sox, The Chicago White Sox. Hockey: The Colorado valanche, The Tampa Bay Lightning. Football: None.
* In 1963, baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry remarked, "They'll put a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, a few hours after Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, Gaylord Perry hit his first, and only, home run.
* When the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers play football at home to a sellout crowd, the full stadium becomes the state's third largest city.
* Kermit the Frog is left-handed.
* The lifespan of a tastebud is ten days.
* Non-dairy creamer is flammable.
* The dial tone of a normal telephone is in the key of "F".
* If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.